1) Cabinet decided to set up 4 new Forensic Laboratories at Assam Medical College and Hospital at Dibrugarh, Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur Medical College and Hospital and Bongaigaon Civil Hospital.
2) A decision was taken to empower Social Welfare Department to procure rice directly from Food Corporation of India (FCI) for Supplementary Nutrition Programme under ICDS to reduce costs.
3) Cabinet approved the statutes of Madhabdev University at Narayanpur, Bhattadev University at Bajali, Pathsala, Birangana Sati Sadhani State University at Golaghat and Rabindranath Tagore University at Hojai for facilitating smooth functioning.
4) Cabinet recommended that it would be not possible to conduct HSLC, High Madrassa and HS final year examinations in view of the prevailing positivity rate of Covid19. A final decision would be taken in this regard on June 18 at a meeting between Education Department and various other stakeholders.
5) The cabinet decided not to allow home isolation to any Covid19 patient who does not have separate accommodation facility at home.